The sidebar search will locate content that includes all of the terms you enter. The terms may be in any metadata field or in the full text. Additionally, you may use the drop-down menu to specify content from in this repository only, or across all repositories using bepress Digital Commons.
Subsequent searches will be limited to the publication in which previous results were found by default. It is possible to instead select Limit search to: Research Online (this repository) or All Repositories using bepress Digital Commons.
To save the results of a search, or to receive notifications of future content that matches your criteria, click the Save this search button. Creating an account is simple and free, and you may unsubscribe from notifications at any time.
The default advanced search is set to All Fields, which will query all the criteria used in a simple search. You may refine results using the drop-down menus provided, and use the +/- buttons to include additional criteria.
Selecting Subject from the drop-down options will search for terms within both the Keywords and Disciplines fields.
To limit search results to a specific type of output select Document Type from the drop-down options and type one of the terms below into the search box.
- Book Chapter
- Book Review
- Conference Proceeding
- Curated Exhibition
- Journal Article
- Letter to the Editor
- Music Score
- News Article
- Original Creative Work
- Response or Comment
Date range limits results to content published within the specified period. The format for date range is MM/DD/YYYY - MM/DD/YYYY.
Example: 08/01/2001 - 08/01/2011.
Subsequent advanced searches will be limited to the publication in which previous results were found by default. It is possible to instead select Limit search to: Research Online (this repository) or All Repositories using bepress Digital Commons.
Sort by automatically displays results in order of relevance (i.e., closest match), but may be changed to publication date if desired.
Format allows for the search results to be exported as an Endnote file.
Special characters can enhance your results. Lowercase your terms in combination with the following:
- Asterisks (*) within or at the end of a term function like multiple wildcards. Example: an All Fields search for l*nn will return results with lynn, linn, and lochlann.
- Questions marks (?) within or at the end of a term function like single wildcards. Example: an All Fields search for l?nn will return results with lynn and linn, not lochlann.
- Quotation marks (") around terms return exact phrase matches. Example: "cooler water" will return different results from "water cooler."
- Tildes (~) at the end of a term return fuzzy matches. Example: colour~ will return results with colour, color, and coli.
Search supports some SOLR syntax as well. Proper capitalization of names is required with the following:
- author_lname: The last name of an author can be specified. Example: an All Fields search for author_lname: Lynn will only return content by authors with the last name of Lynn.
- author_fname: The first name of an author can be specified. Example: an All Fields search for author_fname: Lynn will only return content by authors with the first name of Lynn.
Commas will be ignored in any search. Instead, use the tips above to construct finely tuned queries, and then save your criteria using the Save this search feature.